People Award, Blog Award, Social Network Award, Newsletter Award, Book Award and Article Award.
Archive for January 14th, 2011
Standard Life’s customers will receive the full value of their policies and annuities, and its 55 employees will be offered jobs with Guggenheim.
The Actuarial Society (AG) reports the departure of its director, Anno Bousema.
After a seventeen-year Actuarieel Genootschap career, Bousema will reportedly become an actuarial recruiter.
Andrew Hacker and Claudia Dreifus report that the US produced more than 100,000 doctoral degrees between 2005 and 2009.
In that same period, there were just 16,000 new professorships.
Eleven Future Considerations for the Reinsurance Industry
1. Reinsurance Pool in Hong Kong Might be Created for High Risk Health Insurance http://bit.ly/bQcP2x
2. The Asian Reinsurance Market: Regulation. Consolidation. Catastrophes. http://bit.ly/akbbDr
3. Insurance-Linked Securities Growth Could Be Coming to Canada http://bit.ly/aN5ikA
4. US, Bermuda and European Reinsurers divided on Business Strategies http://bit.ly/dd0BL1
5. Reinsurance Pricing may weaken quicker than Insurance-Linked Securities http://bit.ly/dcSxNr
6. Top Reinsurer Domicile: Who Will Win, Europe or Bermuda? http://bit.ly/bCwmt8
7. Hannover Re says to Solvency II: Bring It On. http://bit.ly/9Zcm1H
8. Reinsurance Jobs trend graph, last 5 years http://bit.ly/cZP5hv
9. The Death of Credit Raters due to Solvency II has been exaggerated. http://bit.ly/9pLFBl
10. Variable Annuity Reinsurance Market trends http://bit.ly/9kqba7
11. NTU’s Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management looking to raise $50 million http://bit.ly/9Xs1SM
12. Keep up with reinsurance news, trends and information at http://www.ReinsuranceTrends.com
“A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus.” – Herbert Hoover
CVS is focusing on this area because “a growing portion of the country’s population will receive their prescription drug coverage under Medicare plans.”